The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) for MBBS, AYUSH, veterinary and nursing courses. India’s single largest undergraduate medical entrance examination, NEET-UG is conducted in pen and paper mode. Any latest news on NEET 2022 exam date has not been confirmed yet. Announcement regarding NEET 2022 exam date by NTA will be updated here, once released.
Recommended: Start your NEET Preparation with AI Based NEET Coaching to Get LIVE Classes, UNLIMITED Mock Test, 24*7 Faculty Support & Much more. Enquire Now
Latest: Take a free NEET Mock test with Solutions & Performance report Start Now
In the NEET paper, students are asked questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology based on class 11 and 12 syllabi. Usually, NEET is conducted annually on the first Sunday of May from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM. NTA will announce the NEET 2022 exam date at the official website. The registration of NEET-UG 2022 may commence in the month of December. Candidates fulfilling the NEET eligibility criteria will be eligible to fill the application form.
Every year more than 15 lakh aspirants register for NEETfor admission to 83,075 MBBS, 26,949 BDS, 50,720 AYUSH, and 525 veterinary seats along with 1,899 AIIMS MBBS and 249 JIPMER seats. “Early planning and preparation are essential to staying safe.” a quote by Chris Vaccaro. So aspirants who are in class 11 or 12 and want to appear for NEET 2022 must start their preparation from now to get desired result. NEET 2022 preparation in early days will keep aspirants one step ahead from all. Aspirants seeking more details on NEET 2022 notification, dates, eligibility, application, exam pattern, syllabus, preparation tips, timetable, etc. can read the article below.
What is the scope of NEET 2022?
As it is known to all the NEET 2022 exam is the single entrance test conducted at the UG level for admission to medical, veterinary, and nursing courses. The score of NEET will be used for granting medical admission to :
- 15% All India Quota (AIQ) seats
- 85% state quota medical seats
- Central and deemed universities
- State, management, and NRI quota seats in private colleges
- Central pool quota seats
- Seats in private unaided, aided minority, and non-minority medical colleges.
- Mandatory qualification for candidates willing to pursue MBBS or BDS from a foreign medical institute.
NEET 2022 Exam Dates
Aspirants searching for “When is NEET 2022 expected ” must check important dates of NEET 2022 to check the schedule for the release of the application form, admit card, exam date, etc. The official schedule of NEET 2022 will be released by NTA, so aspirants have to regularly track the official website.https://learn.careers360.com/app-install
NEET exam schedule
|Notification for NEET 2022||To be announced|
|Release of NEET 2022 application form||To be announced|
|Last date to fill NEET application form||To be announced|
|Release of NEET admit card 2022||To be announced|
|NEET 2022 exam date||May 2, 2022 (Tentative)|
NEET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants who want to appear for NEET 2022, are advised to go through the eligibility criteria. The NEET 2022 eligibility criteria include minimum and maximum age requirement, educational requirement, subjects studied in the qualifying exam, status of the qualifying exam, category, and nationality. Aspirants can go through the below-mentioned requirements, which are mandatory for aspirants to be eligible for NEET.
- Minimum age requirement: Candidates who want to appear for NEET 2022 must have completed a minimum of 17 years of age at the time of admission as of 31 December 2022.
- Nationality: As per the NEET 2022 eligibility criteria, aspirants have to be Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Persons with Indian Origin (PIO), or Foreign Nationals.
- Educational qualifications: Candidates who have either completed or are appearing in 10+2 or equivalent are eligible to appear in NEET-UG 2022.
- Subjects studied: To apply for NEET 2022 exam, aspirants will have to study physics, chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core subjects from a recognized board.
- Minimum marks required in qualifying exam: Candidates must secure at least 50% marks in physics, chemistry, and biology combined in the 10+2 qualifying exam. For SC, ST, OBC-NCL category candidates the minimum marks required are 40%.
NEET Application Form 2022
NTA will release the NEET 2022 application form and information bulletin on its official website, ntaneet.nic.in. It is expected that to balance the delays in the medical academic calendar, the NEET application form will be released in December 2021. The filling of the NEET application form 2022 is a 5-step process, which can be checked below. However, before filling the NEET 2022 application form candidates must check the list of documents and details to keep handy.
Documents/details required for NEET application form
- Identity card: IDs such as Aadhaar card, ration card, bank account passbook, passport, or any other government photo ID card.
- Personal details: Personal and communication details such as candidate and parents name, date of birth, permanent and corresponding address, active email ID, and mobile number.
- Images: Scanned images of recent passport size photograph, postcard size photograph, signature, and left thumb impression.
Steps to fill the NEET application form 2022
- NEET 2022 registration
- Filing of application form
- Uploading of images
- Payment of application fee
- Print NEET application form
NEET 2022 exam pattern
One of the prerequisites before appearing for the NEET exam is to be familiar with the NEET exam pattern 2022. NEET UG exam is conducted in offline mode that is pen and paper mode. The exam is divided into 3 sections – physics, chemistry, and biology. Check the table below to know details about the NEET exam pattern such as duration of the exam, nature of questions asked, number of questions asked from each section, weightage of marks from each section, and the marking scheme.
NEET 2022 exam pattern
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Duration of exam||3 hours|
|Total number of questions||180 questions|
|Total marks||720 marks|
|Sections||3 sections – Physics, Chemistry, Biology|
|Number of questions||35 + 15 questions|
|Sectional marks||180 marks|
|Number of questions||35 + 15 questions|
|Sectional marks||180 marks|
|Number of questions||100 questions|
|Sectional marks||360 marks|
|Marking scheme||+4 marks for a correct answer-1 marks for an incorrect answer0 marks for an unattempted answer|
NEET syllabus 2022
As it is clear by Health Ministry that the syllabus of NEET will remain unchanged. So, the syllabus for NEET exam 2022 will be based on class 11 and 12-course curriculum of 3 subjects – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Knowing the NEET 2022 syllabus thoroughly will help a lot before starting the NEET preparation. Aspirants can go through the Subject-wise important topics based on the NEET-UG syllabus 2022 as constituted by the NMC are discussed in the table below.
NEET 2022 syllabus for Physics
|Physics topics class XI||Physical-world and measurementKinematicsLaws of MotionWork, Energy, and PowerMotion of System of Particles and Rigid BodyGravitationProperties of Bulk MatterThermodynamicsBehaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic TheoryOscillations and Waves|
|Physics topics class XII||ElectrostaticsCurrent ElectricityMagnetic Effects of Current and MagnetismElectromagnetic Induction and Alternating CurrentsElectromagnetic WavesOpticsDual Nature of Matter and RadiationAtoms and NucleiElectronic Devices|
NEET 2022 syllabus for Chemistry
|Chemistry topics class XI||Some Basic Concepts of ChemistryStructure of AtomClassification of Elements and Periodicity in PropertiesChemical Bonding and Molecular StructureStates of Matter: Gases and LiquidsThermodynamicsEquilibriumRedox ReactionsHydrogenS-Block ElementP-Block ElementsOrganic Chemistry-Hydrocarbons|
|Chemistry topics class XII||Solid StateSolutionsElectrochemistryChemical KineticsSurface ChemistryGeneral Principles and Processes of Isolation of ElementsP- Block ElementsD and F Block ElementsCoordination CompoundsHaloalkanes and HaloarenesAlcohols, Phenols, and EthersAldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic AcidsOrganic Compounds Containing NitrogenBiomoleculesPolymers|
NEET 2022 syllabus for Biology
|Biology topics class XI||Diversity in Living WorldStructural Organisation in Animals and PlantsCell Structure and FunctionPlant PhysiologyHuman physiology|
|Biology topics class XII||ReproductionGenetics and EvolutionBiology and Human WelfareBiotechnology and Its ApplicationsEcology and environment|
NEET 2022 best books and study material
Referring to the best possible books that can help aspirants to crack the NEET is very important during the preparation stage. NCERT is the most important book for NEET but adding some reference books for study will boost up the level of NEET 2022 preparation. Aspirants should take care that the study material of NEET 2022 should be helpful in clearing the basic concepts and topics and it should also help you to devise a strategy to solve questions quickly. Candidates can check the list of NEET books here.
- Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma
- Objective Physics by DC Pandey
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker
- Fundamental Physics by Pradeep
- Problems in General Physics by IE Irodov
- Physical Chemistry by OP Tandon
- ABC of Chemistry for Classes 11 and 12 by Modern
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by JD Lee
- Dinesh Chemistry Guide
- Practise books by VK Jaiswal (Inorganic), MS Chauhan (Organic) and N Awasthi (Physical)
- Biology Vol 1 and Vol 2 by Trueman
- Objective Biology by Dinesh
- Objective Botany by Ansari
- Pradeep Guide on Biology
- GRB Bathla publications for Biology
NEET 2022 preparation tips
- Begin with Biology and one other subject simultaneously. Start studying the strongest topics with the most weightage. This way you will cover more topics in less time.
- Read NCERT line by line. Mark important facts with a highlighter and make notes simultaneously. After completing NCERT, start reading extra study material available in the form of books, and preparation websites. Also, make notes from these references.
- For Biology, learn diagrams by heart to understand a topic. Pictures help you retain the information more effectively. Diagrams are an important factor for NEET 2022 preparation.
- For physics, solve as many questions as you can. Additionally, create a chapter-wise formula sheet that comprises all formulas and laws discussed in the chapter.
- For chemistry, learn diagrams and chemical equations by heart. After completing every chapter, create a sheet for chemical equations and formulas to be used in solving the questions.
NEET 2022 timetable
Making a study plan or timetable is easy but its execution is what requires strength for NEET 2022 preparation. Know your most effective hours and start your NEET 2022 preparation in those hours. In order to prepare for NEET 2022, aspirants can follow the below-mentioned timetable which is prepared by the Subject Matter Expert.
Divide the day into 4 parts for NEET 2022 preparation.
Session 1: 3 – 3.5 hours
- This session should be of Physics and Chemistry subject
- Theory, Sums, Formulae everything should be given equal importance
- Do not read the entire chapter at once
- Solve it subject topic wise
- Make notes as and when required
Session 2: 2 hours
- This session should be of Botany or Zoology
- Theory and questions both should be done
- Refer to two books for theory
- One is NCERT and other books can be Trueman or Pradeep’s
- Make useful notes
Session 3: 3 hours
- Repeat the questions of session 1
- Try to solve more questions related to the topic you have studied
Session 4: 2 hours
- Again go for Biology
- Keep this session light
- Read NCERT
- Plan for the next day
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) – NEET 2022 – Exam Date, Study Materials, Preparation Tips, Syllabus, Time Table
Question: How to prepare for NEET 2022?
Aspirants have to do constant preparation from now itself.
Question: Will NEET 2022 syllabus be reduced?
No, NTA has not released any notification related to NEET 2022 syllabus reduction.
Question: Will NEET 2022 be conducted twice in online mode?
It is expected that NTA might conduct NEET 2022 twice a year in online mode. However, no confirmation regarding the same has been released yet.
Question: When NEET 2022 will be held?
NTA used to conduct NEET on every first Sunday of May.
Question: When registration for NEET 2022 will start?
Authority may commence the registration for NEET 2022 in the month of December at ntaneet.nic.in.