Questions on Akbar
1. Who is the father of Akbar ?
2. When was Second Battle of Panipat ?
answer: in the year 1556
3. Who is defeated in the Second Battle of Panipat ?
answer: Hemu is defeated by Akbar
4. Who abolished the religious tax Jaziya ?
answer: Akbar (in the year1564)
5. When did Akbar captured Gujarat ?
answer: In the year 1572
6. Who built the city Fathepur Sikri (City of Victory) ?
7. What was the early name of Fathepur Sikri ?
answer: City of Sikri
8. Who built Buland Darwaza ?
answer: Akbar (Buland Darwaza is the gate way of Fathepur Sikri)
9. Where is Ibadatkhana situated ?
answer: It is a prayer house in Fathepur Sikri ,constructed by Akbar
10. Who is the First English man to reach India ?
answer: Ralph Fitch (during Akbar’s reign), he is known as pioneer English man or torch bearer English man
11. What is the name of religion founded by Akbar ?
answer: Din ilahi (It means Divine Faith)
12. What is the name of calender started by Akbar ?
answer: ilahi Calendar
13. In which battle Akbar defeated Maharana Pratap of Mewar ?
answer: Battle of Haldighat (In the year 1576)
14. Where is Haldighat mountain pass is situated ?
answer: Haldighat mountain pass is situated in the Aravally hills in Rajasthan.
15. Who was the Mughal Empire when the English East India Company was being founded in1600 December 31 ?
16. Where is the tomb of Akbar situated ?
answer: Sikandra near Agra
17. What is the name of Akbar’s military system ?
answer: Mansabdari system
18. Who was Akbar’s revenue minister ?
answer: Raja Todarmal
19. Which Mughal empire built Agra fort ?